Sorry ahead of time for the long post. I don't know who or if anyone reads this but its for my own journaling purpose. :)
Where the HECK does time go when you get married?! I remember hearing as you get married then have kids and so on time flies. Really though....it doesn't feel that much different so why does time feel that way. I remember as a lil munchkin I would count down the days until any school vacation, especially Christmas or birthday. Now it come tooooo fast and I am so not prepared!!
Anyways Dave and I just (well a lil over 2 months ago...probably should have posted then) celebrated our 1 year anniversary! GONE! We celebrated by going out to dinner to the Melting Pot restaurant. So delicious and fun way to eat. Then we went to this amazing new movie theater that opened up in Del Mar. I know it's weird to think how a theater can be amazing, but I will in a future post dedicate a whole post just about this fun new theater and why everyone needs to experience it. :) We now feel cheated when we go to the old ones. We are definitely spoiled living here in Del Mar. The movie we saw was Moneyball. A GREAT movie, of course about baseball so we couldn't pass that one up. All in all it was a fun & relaxing night! I did not get one single picture! I was so mad at myself because that has been a goal of mine to be better at taking more pictures but oh well.
It feels a little weird saying just 1 year because we dated for over 3 years before that. I still feel like my wedding day was a few months ago! I am just so grateful & blessed to be married to him. I know this is so cliche but it's crazy how someone can know me MOST times better than I know myself and literally is the other half. He and I are so opposite but yet I don't know sometimes what I did not having him there. This might give him a big head right now..but I don't think he reads this anyways. ;) He is definitely the most patient person and can always make light of situation. I know Heavenly Father was truly saving him for me because he knew I needed him. :) Through all the good times and hard times and am so thankful to have him as my husband and love him so much! Can't wait for years to come.
Another bonus I got to marrying Davey is his family. I really do feel lucky to have the Nelson's to call family. I think about that often because they have done so much for me and literally took me in right away and treated me like one of there own. Not going to lie...I was a lil worried about meeting a family full of mostly boys but they are amazing!
The main reason I was thinking about posting this now...a couple months later is that we actually just ate the top of our wedding cake a few days ago. Yes, it is January and we got married in October. The cake was left at my parents house in Vegas and for some reason it never got taken back to Cali. We went and visited them and my mom remembered it was in there so we of course dug right in.
By the way, the cake was not to bad. Tasted good....frosting not so good but I was surprised how it held up. I was not expecting much, actually nervous to eat for fear of my health afterward. All in all 1 year old wedding cake was a success. A big Thanks to the lady who made it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment