CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trial Run

Doug & Katherine and their 2 kids invited Dave and I to do a little one night stay trial run sort of camping trip. We did it in San Clemente at their camp grounds right after the fourth of July. It was a nice camp ground near the beach and the weather was pretty good. The only thing was, is that it was a hike down to get to the beach not so convenient. Dave kept teasing saying this was not "real" camping. I don't mind roughing it but I can only rough it and get dirty for so long! I like to have a bathroom....no digging holes in the ground for a toilet. That is not fun nor a vacation so why do it! One night was plenty for me. :)

Dave on the other hand LOVES to do that stuff. He has been wanting to do "real" camping at Lake Mead for awhile which is why we did this. Hence the Trial Run title of this camping trip. We will see how it goes with no potty....just the dirt, sand and the lake. EEK!



Of course you can't camp without hot dogs & S'mores. They brought Reese's to go in the middle of the s'mores instead of Hershey bars and it was so good!


Doug had the idea to bring croissant rolls and wrap them around our hot dogs and cook them. Sounded yummy and good! That definitely entertained us for awhile trying to figure out how to cook it just right. Ended up being to hard to cook the hot dog and the croissant without one being done/burned before the other.


So we just ended up cooking them separately and I would definitely add that to bring on a camping food list. I think they were pretty fun and different. We (by that I mean I haha) finally figured out after many burned to the crisp and half doughy rolls found a good way to cook them so all sides get cooked. Braid it around the roaster stick like a figure 8 and put it over the coals until it is a delicious golden brown! YUM!












1 comments:

Ellie said...

amen sista! i dont' mind roughin it but i say you can still rough it with a toilet and running water. ha! great idea with the reeces for the smores..yum!

Post a Comment